Friday, November 20, 2009

Extra Credit

I believe that it is hard to say if Wikipedia is bias in general. I believe that it heavily depends on what topic that is being discussed. Some topics in general are easier to be objective than others. For example, if someone were to do an article on an artist they maybe more inclined to talk about their particular feelings for the artist. I feel like the articles we are doing for class are easier to be objective. Even though I do think that when writing about anything it is hard not to put your own opinion, I do think in certain topics it is easier for it be kept to a minimum. So in short i think that Wikipedia may have some biases in it that is only because it is hard to write without biases and certain articles may have fewer or more subjective views depending on the article.

No comments:

Post a Comment